Syringe milker?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Qvrfullmidwife, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

My brain is fuzzy...can anyone refresh my memory as to what this was and how it works and is made? NOT the Udderly EZ thingy but seems to me that there was a small manual 'pump' or milker that you could make with a drenching syringe that actually alternated suction with rest?

2. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

:??? that's a new one on me.. never heard of anything like it.. :/

3. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

It is called "Maggidan's Milker". Their website is Maggidans.com/milker.htm

Vicki in NC

4. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Oh, for Pete's sake, LeeAnne - fire up the Godzilla already!

We have one of those that Christian made with a battery operated sprayer. (No repeated hand pumping!) If I can get him to figure out where it went, y'all can have it.

5. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

You know, I've never really understood how that seems easier than hand milking when you are having to sit there and pump that syphon thing anyway?? Might as well be "pumping" the milk out of the teat straight into the milk bucket IMHO. Unless of course you might have a goat with teeny tiny teats too small to get ahold of.

What about an aquarium pump? or one of those pumps for a garden fountain? Probably wouldn't work without a pulsator... Hmmm... just thinking. :/

6. Terry

Terry Member

I have a maggidans milker that I use, it is good for the itty bitty teats, but it will only milk them half way out, I have to finish them by hand.
    Terry

7. Katarina

Katarina New Member

That is the problem, we have three goats that have these itty bitty teats, that only my 9 year old and 11 year old sister can milk them. When I milk them I get all of the milk out side of the pot rather then in it. :?

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

9. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

You know, I have always wondered if that work!

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

It does but it has to be those darn exspesive ones and it only fills 4 oz bottles at a time so you have to empty the bottles during milking.

11. Katarina

Katarina New Member

"Also I used a good elec. breast milk pump for 2 yrs on my mini's

You know, I have always wondered if that work!"

Me too! And I HAVE a really good one collecting dust! hmmm...