switching kids from bottle to lambar???s

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Little Moon, May 4, 2008.

1. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

We want to switch our kids from the bottle to the lambar. Are there any tricks that we should know before we start?

TIA,
    Anne

2. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

It just takes a few feeding of sticking them on the lambar . Some get it faster than others.

Patty

3. Didn't take ours to long to figure it out. Now they see it coming and the whole neighborhood hears 'em. Tammy

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

5. I didn't have any problems getting Milo switched. The day I decided to switch him I placed the lamb bar in his pen and guided him to the nipple a couple of times.

6. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I have had mine want to keep coming back to me even after they get a few drinks. I finally had to walk away and peek around the corner to make sure they were eating.

Patty

7. old dominion

old dominion New Member

The trick for me is to always use the same type of nipple on the bottle as as the lambar. The switch over is nothing and can be done anytime you are ready. For me the faster the better.

Jolene

8. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Do it in the morning! they are generally hungrier. :) I will usually hang the lambar, show 'em the nipple and go do chores.. they get the hang of it in a hurry.!

9. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank you for your advice. DH went out yesterday and hung the lambar and they took right to it. I think we were concerned over nothing. We have a yearling dry doe, that happened to see it before it was installed and even she had to check it out - kind of funny to see this full sized doe trying to take a drink ;) Thanks again for the advice.

Anne

10. :rofl what a sight I bet! :rofl

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Good for you I have 3 mini mancha's am trying to switch today and boy are they DUMB being hungry didn't help.