sweet orange vs. 5x orange

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Is one just stronger than the other? Are there any good anchors besides litsea and patch?

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

5x orange is stronger, and the sweet orange is just that, sweeter than the 5x orange.. I like them both and will use either.. I don't know if there are any other good anchors besides lits and patch.. any one else out there know.. I like using lits for anchoring scents..
    Barbara

3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

okay, what is "litsea" or "lits"????

sheryl

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

It's another essential oil and is often used to 'anchor' citrus eo's. Without an anchor of some sort citrus eo's fade. At least that's my understanding. Unfortunately I don't have any and I hate ordering just one thing so I guess I'll set my orange aside until I have other stuff I need to order.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

UM I didn't use any anchor's when I made my fiasco citrus mix. I like the smell of the sweet orange best but have both and used both plus lime plus lemon grass in the fiasco.

6. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I have both of the orange EO's, but I couldn't figure out what to do with them. I have a friend that makes a "buck off" soap she blends, sweet orange, anise and some other EOs and it works fantastic at taking off stink from a buck but I can't remember what she blends with b/c anise and sweet orange blended together by themselves, not so good.

Autumn