Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is one just stronger than the other? Are there any good anchors besides litsea and patch?

G

·
5x orange is stronger, and the sweet orange is just that, sweeter than the 5x orange.. I like them both and will use either.. I don't know if there are any other good anchors besides lits and patch.. any one else out there know.. I like using lits for anchoring scents..
Barbara

·
Registered
778 Posts
okay, what is "litsea" or "lits"????

sheryl

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's another essential oil and is often used to 'anchor' citrus eo's. Without an anchor of some sort citrus eo's fade. At least that's my understanding. Unfortunately I don't have any and I hate ordering just one thing so I guess I'll set my orange aside until I have other stuff I need to order.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
UM I didn't use any anchor's when I made my fiasco citrus mix. I like the smell of the sweet orange best but have both and used both plus lime plus lemon grass in the fiasco.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have both of the orange EO's, but I couldn't figure out what to do with them. I have a friend that makes a "buck off" soap she blends, sweet orange, anise and some other EOs and it works fantastic at taking off stink from a buck but I can't remember what she blends with b/c anise and sweet orange blended together by themselves, not so good.

Autumn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts