sugar scrubs

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sheryl, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

I searched through the recipes for a sugar scrub...found Barb's...what is emulsyfing conditioner? Does anyone else have a sugar scrub recipe that I can copy? Brown sugar? White sugar? easy? what size jars do you pack it in (how many ounces) and selling price?

I found some cute apocathary jars at our new michael's today, and made some 4 oz bath salts, colored and scented...look cute...don't know if they will sell or not, but will try. Would like to make sugar scrubs too.

So I would appreciate anyone sharing their recipe. This is for sale to the public.

TIA

Sheryl

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Sheryl,
    they sell ce at MMS and WSP, it lends a silky soft feeling to your skin. I also use it in my Mens after shave recipe.. The sugar scrub that I posted is fantastic and sells very well for me..
    JUst google sugar scrub recipes and you fill find hundreds of them.. the reason that I like the one I posted so much is that oil does not float to the top of the jar and leak.. Most that do not use emsulifier have oils that float and then they leak, ruining your labels, making big huge messes.. this one won't do that.. being that emsulifer binds the oils to the rest of the ingredients., it stays thick and scoopable
    Barbara

3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Great :biggrin Thank you so much for the info I was wondering about the emsulfier. Now I understand. Cool.

Sheryl

4. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Ok I guess we don't need to revisit this post. I searched and searched, and finally found old posts about sugar scrubs. I think I have an idea of what I need. Would like to know how much vit e Vicki uses in her brown sugar scrub :biggrin Thanks Barbara for your recipe.

Sheryl