Sugar and Salt scrubs

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I used a lady's salt scrub at a show last year and loved it. Made my own for awhile and liked it too only now I want to try an emulsified scrub so it doesn't have to be stirred. I see Barb's recipe uses and 'emulsifying' conditioner, what is that and where do I get it? And what kind of preservative do you use? If I'm making this for myself to I have to have a preservative in there? With what I made before we used a spoon to scoop it out so there was no dipping into it with wet or dirty fingers so don't you think it'd be safe for our own use?

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Kathy
    they sell the emulsifying conditioner at a couple of the soap supply web sites.. I think MMS sells it.. It is a emulsifyer with skin conditioning properties.. I love the stuff.. No you don't need a preservative if making just for yourself..
    Barbara

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Um, would e-wax work? I already have some of that. Sounds like this other would be better but I thought if e-wax would work I could try it for now and order the other whenever I need some things ordered.