Stupidity is my middle name.

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sondra, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:/ OK well I finally got around to making soap this morning
    ummm went to trace real fast so thank goodness there was no coloring to contend with I hurried up and poured and popped in the oven. To discover while cleaning up that 16.5 oz of safflower oil never got put in the pot. :blush had to get it back out of the mold and incorporate the oil into the already sapping soap and then get back into the mold. NOT FUN and doesn't look the prettiest but HEY it is soap now. :crazy Guess I shouldn't have tried making soap the day after a week end of a CRASH site. :rofl

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Hey Sondra, i did that once and my soap was very lye heavy and there was no more mixing it in... Duh.... Now I line up everything on the counter I am working on... Glad you could save yours, I ended up with laundry soap
    Barbara

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OH Barb the sad thing is it was all lined up ready to put in didn't have room for it in with my melted butters but just left it sitting there dumb dumb dumb

4. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Yeah I think that probably has a LOT to do with it :rofl
    I hope it turnes out okay for you Sondra.

Christy

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

The soap gremlins were out today, someone else had problems with her soap to! She was calling for help and telling me I sounded tired...yep it was stressfull alright. Vicki

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yeh and tonight is not any better so far. :)

7. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

:rofl Sondra I am so sorry. Reminds me of a time years ago, when my now 27 yr old daughter was only 5 or 6 yrs old. My dh and I were working 40 hrs a week at our jobs, getting a kid to and from school, both of us were working out at the gymn, and of course he was working nights and I was working days. I was going to make a meatloaf....I was very tired. At the time, I had a brand of dishwashing soap "Sun Light" sitting on the counter, and a brand of veggie oil, also called "Sun Light"....Well you guessed it, I went to put a little tiny bit of oil in the bottom of the loaf pan (I was using ground turkey, not beef) and accidently grabbed the "sun light" dishwashing detergent.!!! I had my turkey mixture half way in the air just seconds before I stopped myself from plopping it in on top of the soap!!! What a day that was.

Hope yours gets better.

Sheryl

8. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Oh Sondra that sounds like something I would have done. I hope the soap turns out alright.

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well I got it out this am and tho the top looks like mushed crap the bars seem ok a little on the soft side but am sure it will continue to dry good. Anyway it lathers up great and was not a total loss.