Stringy yellow discharge!?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Shykid Acres, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Okay. Pics coming just as soon as I figure out how to get them posted. :)

-Kim

2. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

http://www.freewebs.com/shykidalpines/educationalexperience.htm

Here is a link to some of her pics I took last night. More pics coming, just as soon as I get back from the barn. :D

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Hopefully you do not have her in this small pen all the time. Very bred does need exercise until right before they kid. Maternity pens are fine but don't cofine them too early, that brings on a whole nother set of problems! vicki

4. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Vicki- Thanks for the advice on exercise. I want her to have good muscle tone for kidding but I am also worried. If she could have a few weeks or even a month to go as some have suggested then it would not be good to get butted in the side. I have only one area for my goats right now, except for the pen she is currently in. One of the goats in the larger area has a habit of butting the other goats, and hard. Which would be the lesser evil? Any ideas? :sniffle :help2

P.S. We are building a barn and three seperate pens and three separate yards, but not until snow melts enough. Not ready yet. :sigh

-Kim
    P.s.s. That goat that likes to be mean and another are sold and are waiting until their new owners finish their shelter. Should be soon. (I hope.)

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yep get some cattle panels and put up a temp pen inside the big pen pen up the bad goats in the smaller area so this girl gets some exercise or your going to have problems. and more problems. even just putting a temp cattle panel fence cattywompus across one corner of your pen for the other girls.

6. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Thanks Sondra. Great idea. Pen up the mean goat. Duh? Why didn't I think of that. I really am losing my mind. It sounds so simple now that I think about it. :duh I think I'm feeling a little stupid now. :lol

-Kim

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Exactly what I was thinking Sondra, confine the mean one into that little pen :) At least for duing the day so all your other goats can get exercise. Glad you are selling them. Vicki

8. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Me too! :D

Thanks again for the advice and info everyone! Anyone for tea? :lol

-Kim

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

sleepy time tea :)

10. Katarina

Katarina New Member

"I don't know how soon after plug discharge they can NORMALLY wait."

Well, on PEOPLE it can be up to a month before, the plug will reform if labor doesnt commence.

11. Katarina

Katarina New Member

forget the tea....sounds like a shot or two of vodka would be better...

you sound like some of my first time human midwifery patients!

(oh, this is LeeAnne, NOT Katarina)

12. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Reform? That is very interesting. Thanks for the info. :D

Vodka? Hee hee :rofl

-Kim

13. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I so agree with the folks here who advise to let your doe have enough room to get proper exercise. At my place, we have 20 does in our main pen. We have four goat houses in it, one of which can be closed off if I need to isolate a doe. The does are never locked up in that stall prior to kidding. I've only shut them up in it after a C section and the one who was recovering from the prolapse. They know when to go off by themselves to kid. The others seem to respect them. Today, Melia went into the biggest house when she was just about ready to start pushing. A couple of the younger does were curious, but stayed out when I removed them. Though she will be raising two of the kids, they are not locked in a separate area. She's a good mom and knows how to care for the babies within the herd.
    Kathie

14. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Thanks Kathie. Pen arrangements will be changing this morning. :)

-Kim