Strike!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Well, this morning I went to milk and the girls have decided to go on strike until kidding. I have been trying to keep them in milk for sometime now and they have steadily dropped in production and this morning I got 1/4 of gallon out of 4 milkers, oh well. My poor milk customers will have to wait until end of January and the first of February to regain there milk, I can't make the goats do something they won't. It is probably my fault, 2 of the 4 are 2nd fresheners and last year I only kept them in milk for 4 months and dried them off, way to set a lactation this year both are going on 11 months so I guess it is time for them to dry off.

Thanks for letting my gripe.
    Autumn

2. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Yep,,,,Time to give both you and them a break. This is not such a bad thing....after your customers buy that store bought milk for a couple months, they will so much more appriciate the work and effort that you make in trying to keep them in real milk.

Merry Christmas Autumn, and I hope you got more rain than we did yesterday....we got about 1/2 inch here......
    WHIM

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:biggrin I have the same problem but am trudging along and milking them anyway. (8) which just barely keeps my customers going.

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I just don't think they can keep up..I have 18 gallons one week and 14 the next week and it takes me 2 days to get one gallon plus one of them has to be dried off by the end of the month due to kidding soon..argghhhh...oh well I will just have to send out an email to let everyone know. I will have 16 in milk next year they kid from January to the end of May so we *should* have milk into January or so next year.