Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so tired I hope this is making sense. I only slept about an hour last night. Last evening, Cozette lost her mucus plug and started nesting. Then mercedes started nesting as well. Naturally, I was in and out of the goat pen. About 10:30 Mercedes water broke and she was sreaming fluids, but not pushing. After about half an hour, she started pushing and then would stop. I examined her privates and felt a baby. Got hubby and he treid to pull the kid, but she wasn't dilated enough. After working with her we were able to deliver a decent size buckling. Then she had a little doeling. Doeling got cold while we were finishing up out there, Of course she had to kid on the coldest night of the week. So I was up warming the doe kid and tubing her. Tubing was scary for me. I only had to do it once before. She has been weak all day, but getting stronger. Still not standing. I lay and slept with her for about an hour and went to check on Cozette. She still wasn't pusning, so I went in and checked. Kid backward with only 1 leg out. Pulled two bucklings. Mom had yellow fluid so must have been laboring a while without pushing. I have the first kid in the house because he got cramped his body seems twisted. He eats just fine. After all this, I disbudded the buckling I sold today and drove to Helena to pick up alfalfa pellets form my friend and have her look at the doeling. Scott Horner's sister Camille was visiting si I got to see her too. Then I got home and fed. Mystique refused her dinner and claimes the small goat house, so it looks like more babies. I really hope she has them early. I need some sleep. Kathie

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, that's why you took the week off, right?

I'm sorry you've had a hard time. Get some sleep when you can.

Keep us up to date on your kiddings.

G

·
Sorry things aren't going well as far as easy kiddings. I'm glad you got the week off aren't you? Let us know how the other one goes.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mystique had triplets while it was still light out. It was a bit of a trainwreck - a breech buckling and his sister trying to come at one time - but we got them straightened out and all are doing OK. Two bucks and a doe. She's a big healthy girl/ Mercedes' doeling is now getting the hand of taking the bottle. I'm so glad I don't have to tube her anymore. We now have 4 sets of triplets and two sets of twins. Five doelings out of the bunch. At least I got one of the bucklings sold already and he's the grade. We have some nicely colored Nubian bucklings this year including a black with a few white spots, a flashy black and white and two blue roans. All are available if anyone is interested. I get to sleep tonite. The last two due soon look like they'll wait till tomorrow. Kathie

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mercedes doeling is now able to stand on her own and is doing great with the bottle. She also was the loudest kid this morning demanding breakfast. We now have a small herd in the kitchen. Kathie

G

·
I'm glad things are getting better. We have a small herd also in the kitchen. Only a true goat lover would do this. :crazy :lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
:biggrin Glad to hear she is doing Great!!! dont you just love that sound before your first cup of coffee in the morning... :lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
:crazy :biggrin you say that now...just wait... :crazy :biggrin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts