stress?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by CarlinsDarlin, Apr 21, 2008.

1. CarlinsDarlin

CarlinsDarlin Guest

We sold Sugar's twin bucklings this morning. Ever since they left, she's been running around looking for them and calling for them. The only time she quiets down is when I'm out with her. Poor thing. She misses them. :/ This afternoon, I notice her poo is runny. Other than looking for her kids, she's acting fine. Not droopy or like she doesn't feel well. I gave her some probios and put out fresh baking soda, which she dug right into (what she had out was getting dirty and needed to be replaced anyway). Could her runny poo be from stress? Is there anything else I need to do for her? She was wormed with cydectin on 3/29.
    Thanks,
    Kathy

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes stress can trigger worms in the doe system to suck blood, to send out thousands of eggs into the environment...same with cocci. Just like purchasing a doe, just like after a doe kids, stress can give a doe who normally has no problem handling the worm burden she has into an anemic mess. Vicki

3. CarlinsDarlin

CarlinsDarlin Guest

Ok, thanks Vicki. So is there anything else I need to be doing for her to ensure that this doesn't make her really sick? I know it will take her a while to settle down, but in the meantime, what can I do to help make sure she doesn't get sick from the stress?
    Kathy

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

If you use bo-se boost her shot. Worm her and back down on her grain a little, and offer more hay until the poops stop. If you use probiotics or keifer, that would also help. Vicki