Stool Color in Babies as a Diagnostic

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Upon A Rock Farm, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Upon A Rock Farm

Upon A Rock Farm New Member

I know I remember Vicki talking about stool color in kids with diarrhea. I have two problem children (doelings) about 2 weeks old, too young for it to be cocci I know. They have pasty light yellow colored diarrhea this AM, not normal newborn yellow. They are on goat milk. Not acting depressed yet, just trying to head off a problem before it escalates.

Thanks
    Julie in OK

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

2 week olds can have cocci I do believe.

3. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

would pasty light be just maybe too much milk?

4. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Its could be ...How much are you feeding them? It could be cocci or e-coli or anything really...Were teh does wormed have they been wormed? Lots of thing can cause diarreha

5. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Maybe I didn't catch it....are these 2 being bottle raised or dam raised.....and is the milk being heat treated if bottle raised. ?

Whim

6. Upon A Rock Farm

Upon A Rock Farm New Member

They are bottle raised on non heat treated milk right now. I gave Pig Pump (Spectinomycin) last night.

7. Odeon

Odeon New Member

Don't take this personal, but how clean are your nipples/bottles? And when you wash them are you sure to get all of the soap residue out? Mine typically get diarrea when my 14yr old son is in too big of a hurry, and doesn't get all of the soap rinsed out of the lambar!

Ken