Sticky/foamy mouth-help

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by stacy adams, Apr 14, 2008.

1. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

I have a 2yr old that freshened in Feb, won't eat. Her mouth (spit) is somewhat sticky & foamy, though not foamy like you would think of something with rabies. Her temp is 103, and she is bright eyed and acting fine. She did have a big mess of diarrhea and so some of that is getting ready to go on a slide. The only thing we've done different here is DH put out one of those big red mineral blocks for the cows who are now sharing the pasture and the goats have been at that thing non-stop, until today when I took it out. Is there such a thing as too much salt?
    I just ran a fecal and her HC count is up so I'm going out to worm the gang.
    Any ideas on the sticky mouth?
    Am I missing something?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

probably came off that block sounds like it is full of molasses which also will cause the loose stools.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Acidosis from the block, have you read the ingredients? Vicki

4. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

It's not really a molasses block, but a mineral block, and I have no idea what's in them.. next time I go to TSS, I'll be checking the label.. Mabye standing water in the pasture? Took two of them to the vet who checked 'em both out, and said, "your guess is as good as mine" and told me to go ahead with my plans, that if they were'nt better if a week, to give him a call. hey, at least he's honest!