Squeeze chute?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Rose, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Rose

Rose New Member

Do any of you use a squeeze chute when working on your goats?

Did you buy one or build it yourself?

Do you have pictures?

Thanks,

Rose

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Nope just use milk stand

3. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Me too I do have a calf squeeze chute but never tried it on the goats yet.

4. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I use either the milk stand or a fence line and squeeze them up against it. I have seen them sold but never really thought about using one.

5. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Chaty,
    We have the calf chute too...but, it's just so much easier to jump them on the milk stand.
    Kaye

6. I usually use the milkstand if it's one of the does I'm working on. Kids, we just hang onto... If it's one of big bucks (I don't want stinky guys on my milk stands LOL) I have a stretch of solid wooden fencing. I will shove them up against that. I usually do all the poking, clipping, stabbing or whatever it is we've got them against the fence for.... my 125 lb 5'1" daughter does the holding... even with the big bucks. She just hangs on and hips them into the fence (on whichever end I'm NOT working on LOL) I then hip them on my end, leaving my hands free to do whatever I need to do...
    susie, mo ozarks

7. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Yep Kaye we got it for the calves but have only used it 1 time...I use the milkstand for the goats or the fence also...I dont want to drag that chute out of the barn where the tractor is oput for the winter...too much trouble...

8. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I was wondering about them also, I am thinking about getting one for the boer goats as it would be a lot easier to do hoofs and shots but my spoiled dairy girl's ,I will just do them on the stand as they are very tame.... but if you do get one and find a bargain on one ..PLEASE IM me as I am looking for one.