Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spice had live triplets today! One doelings and two bucklings. Without assistance though, she and the kids would have died. Her vulva was way too swollen and she was not progressing. I went in, just an inch or two and felt her cervix which was not dilating and was far too close to the exit. She appeared to be prolapsing or something and was beginning to tear it and bleed. I could not feel the kids move and was thinking they may be dead. It took aver an hour to gently work the cervix open and to push it in as she finally began to push with the contractions. A kid finally presented, a head and a foot (what I always get out here)...I took a long time to ease it out but finally got to a point where I had to pull. I was really afraid I was going to tear Spice open but she did fine. After that, the next 2 kids came out much more easily. All 3 are vigorous and have no problems. I gave Spice a pail of warm corn syrup water and she was grateful.

Spice is my weird doe (and favorite) that appeared to have aborted in January, very wet tail and wet discharge. Don't know what that was.

The black one is the doeling....and there is no privacy on THIS farm!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Way to go, Spice! (With those wattles they have to be Kelton babies? :lol)

·
Registered
218 Posts
They look great for kids you thought were aborted in January. ;)
I'm so happy for you .

...and I'm totally digging that Turkey in the background!

·
Registered
344 Posts
How Wonderful!! Very Cute!!

Congratulations!!

You did a great job.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
congrats! I love the turkey too!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That turkey never misses a birth...very odd he is.

LeeAnne, yes these are Kelton babies, now I have at least one doeling from each of the "Sisters 5" :D

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Neat to have the doeling black!! very cute kids.
Great job getting them out.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Congratulations. The babies are cute. Must be a day for triplets. Miracle just had 3 boys. Kathie

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congratulations! I feel like I know Spice as I've been following her story for a couple years now. I'm glad you got a doe! :)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
BTW I love looking at pics of your place...we all love it and seeing pics is like looking at pics of grandma's place.

G

·
Congrats! I'm glad everyone is okay. Sounds like you had quite the job of it but you did VERY well. Spice did too. :woohoo

-Kim

·
Registered
224 Posts
Diane, Congrats and glad to hear you had a happy ending after fearing the abortion.
Tim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts