soaping with EO's

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Becky-DixieDoesAlpines, Dec 6, 2007.

1. I havea new wholesale account . She loves my soap but wants EO's only. I can do that.
    But it seems that when I soap with EO's they are harder than FO's. So many FO"s heat up and gel nicely but EO's just don't always turn out as well. Anyone who uses EO's a lot have any tips?
    I do a few EO soaps already, she wants to start with 6-7 fragrances asfast as I can have them ready...
    thanks!
    Becky

2. Josie

Josie New Member

I only soap with EOs. Yup, i would definately say its harder, but I the market I sell to demands it.

Certain EO's really react, but I've never had a problem with the batch heating up and gelling.

Did she give you a list of scents she wants you to do?

3. I already do Lavender, and LemongrassSage all EO's, plus one I do with oats, honey and cassia EO.This one is tricky though, it does not always come out consistently.
    Also doing Rosemary herbal blend, plain peppermint, and a citrus blend I think.....maybe clove.
    Thanks,
    Becky

4. Josie

Josie New Member

oh ok, lavender and lemongrass sounds nice. :)

I do a clove and oatmeal that has been wildly popular for some reason. Started making it two years ago per a request and it "stuck".

I've never been able to do citrus successfully. The closest I get is a "Lemon Poppyseed" that i use a blend of EOs and a lot of litsea.

5. Actaully meant that to read plain Lavender and then a LemongrassSage bar.
    Actaully I do want to try Lavender Orange, have heard that is nice!
    Becky

6. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I use spearmint eucalyptus in my salt bars and everyone love the scent. So much so I think I may try it in my regular GM bars.

I'm trying to use more EOs and only keep a select few FOs so I'm interested in what others have to say on this as well.

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes Eucalyptus for sure, it's freaky popular, so much so that I make a bar and use it in my loofa foot scrubbies. 4 parts eucalyptus, 2 parts lemongrass, 1 part peppermint and 1 part tea tree, and you can use any or all, I add about 1/2 part patch to seat it. Lillian mixes orange, clove and cinnamon for me it's to die for! I also color my peppermint soap green, then use it in chunks in my lavander mint soap. I also don't do many citrus in EO's other than orange because I can't reproduce it over and over and over :) Vicki