Soap Website

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Halo-M Nubians, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Well, I finally bit the bullet and set up a site for my soap. I've been working on it for hours but I still have a lot to do. I'm still figuring out how everything works.I need to start making soap. I don't have much of an inventory right now, perhaps this is what I need to get motivated. I don't imagine its just going to take off on its own. Check it out guys and give me some tips!

www.haloDogsoap.com

Okay :rofl if you guys want to look your going to have to type in the address...obviously its not "dog" soap

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:yeahthat could be ya never know it does work for dogs too. :rofl

3. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Looks pretty Good! The only advice I can give is to maybe have your site so you don't have to scroll so much each page. I was told that when I put mine up and was just told again by a web marketer that I need less scrolling. Better to see a smaller picture and to click it to view information about the product I guess.

4. Katarina

Katarina New Member

When I was talking my class on web deshing, I was told that the more people have to scroll the less they will look at your site. Because in this day and age where people can get pretty much any thing they want FAST, they have come to think that that is the only way things are now.

So, you want your pages to be shorter rather then longer. If you have 30 different soaps, then you might want to have two soap pages. But if you only have five soaps, then you can put them all on one page.

5. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Hmm. I'll have to see what I can do. I'm pretty limited on the set up of the site. It is pretty much a "fill in the blank" type template (I do like the ease of that tho) I suppose I could make more catagories...like by scent maybe, or season and that would limit the number per page.