soap tops

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by dblvon, Dec 22, 2007.

1. dblvon

dblvon New Member

How do you do the top of your soap to look like frosting?

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Some people use the naturally occurring ash to call it frosting. (and you can make the frosting)
    by making another small batch of soap, whipping it after it comes to trace so that it gets light and fluffy... ( don't add fragrance to this unless you know for sure how it behaves) and just spread on your soap like frosting a cake, making peaks, swirls etc... this soap is usually a different color than the bar, I make my frostings with water based so that it won't tan like goat milk soap does...

3. dblvon

dblvon New Member

Do you whip it with a hand mixer? Do you frost your soap after it has set up? I would think they would come apart when you cut it. :???

4. dblvon

dblvon New Member

Gosh Barbara......Are you a night owl like me?? :biggrin

5. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Not a night owl, but get up to go to work, have to be there by 6 am and it takes an hour to get there...
    No I don't wait for it to set up completely, I make a large batch of soap, Reserve some out for the frosting... Color and scent the main batch, then go back to the batch that is reserved and bring to trace and whip, yes I use a mixer it incorporates air into it really well and whips it up good... You can use TD to whiten it some, or make sure that your goat milk stays frozen when mixing lye and you will have an almost white soap then..
    Barbara