Soap and humidity

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I've had my soaps out on humid days at the market and they have gotten a little sticky from drawing moisture out of the air but today was the worst ever. And it didn't even feel that humid to me. My salt bars actually looked like they had puddles on them (I put them away). Despite that it was my second best day ever. :)

How do you all handle this? As soon as I get the table cleared from lunch I'm going to unpack all my soaps so they can dry out. Wondering if I need to unwrap the wrapped bars. Even the bars that were left in the boxes felt sticky & damp.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

There is no way I could sell salt bars or whipped shea etc...in our heat. I loved the salt bar I got so much I did make some, but in our humidity they do pull water and make salt puddles. Whipped shea has to be kept in icechests or they melt back into unwhipped shea.

If your soap has a good cure you should have it then wicking moisture, was the soap that got sticky perhaps young? Vicki

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

No....more than half of these bars I made last fall. There was no difference between them and my 'fresher' bars that I could tell.

Kathy