So sad

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Qvrfullmidwife, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

The doe that we lost last night has a friend that we bought her with, another 2 yr old nubian milker.

The friend has been standing there all day just crying for her lost buddy.

Breaks my heart. :(

2. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

I'm so sorry for you. That is very sad indeed. :down

-Kim

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

So sorry for both of you and your doe's loss. THat is so sad, keep her loved and petted so maybe she will return to high spirits soon.

4. Truly

Truly New Member

They sure make attachments and know when someones missing. She needs lots of love.

I'm sorry, I know it just makes it harder on you.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OH poor baby just not much beside lovin her you can do.

6. Pairaka

Pairaka New Member

I'm so sorry... Isn't it amazing how they know these things? And how awful you feel when you don't know how to explain it to them?

Just another tick in the "animals are more intelligent than we give them credit for" column.

Again, I'm sorry. :(

-- Wendy

7. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

I'm sorry.
    Kitty's 12 week old dam raised doeling is not adjusting as well as I would hope. She misses her dam and isn't really bonded to anyone else in the pen. I am hoping taking her to the group of her age mates will help her adjust.

8. Rebecca

Rebecca New Member

I have had this happen before as well and it is so sad. Give her lots of attention and hugs.

9. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

That is sad. They bond so tightly to their goaty friends and family and grieve when they are gone. I don't know if I could ever sell just one doe. I think I would have to insist that a buyer takes two. Buyers in the past have always bought more than one as that is what they wanted. I think I would turn down someone that only wanted one of my goats...something to think about anyway.