Silicone molds

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I put some leftover soap in a silicone muffin pan oiled with mineral oil. After a week in the mold it went in the freezer where I promptly forgot about it. Several days later I took it out. It didn't really 'pop' out of the mold. I had to peel the pan back off the soap. It did come away nice a clean though. So is that usually how it works or is there a trick to this that I need to know?

2. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

The only time I have used a silicone mold, it was the snowflakes that I did for the last swap. Of course it was MP soap so don't know if that makes a difference. After I think a day just sitting out, not in the freezer, I just peeled it off the soap. I did not put any oil on the surface or anything. Don't know if that will help.

Sheryl

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

The little hearts just pop out I put the cp soap and in the oven also no oil they just popped out.

4. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Hmmm. This is the second time I've used this pan and both times I've had to peel it off. I don't mind since it did come away nice and clean but 'popping' out sounds better.

5. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

For some reason some silicone molds do that once in a while. I have noticed that certain FO's stick more than others. My Love Spell is one that I have to peel out of the mold.

Sara

6. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I have a flower mold I think I am going to try today. I haven't soaped in over a week and I have tons of things on my list to try out before things get too busy. I just haven't been able to get motivated lately. Maybe the the idea of a flower soap will inspire me.

I did cameos in a Milky Way mold last month. Made a white soap and poured in just enough for the silhouette portion then colored the rest blue and filled the rest of the way. They are not perfect but I LOVE them. Would never make them to sell but for special gifts and *me* they are perfect.

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I got these really cute Wilton silicone molds at Wal-Mart the other day. They are for spring and in the shape of daises and tulips. Soooo cute! I soaped a new RFS sample in them last night and they look great when I popped them out of the molds this morning.

Sara

8. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

My muffin pans have to peel off as well as those large blue flower molds. Tiny hearts just pop out.