Signs or brochures?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Our show last weekend was a huge flop. We were fortunate in that we did come out ahead but not nearly as good as last year and there were other vendors who never made their fee back. The problem was that this year they did an antique appraisal show at the same time right next to the vendors booths so people were watching that and shopping at the same time. You could barely hold a conversation or hold anyone's attention. I will not be going back next year.

So this has got me thinking. As I saw people looking at things and not being able to talk with them that I needed better signs and/or brochures on the tables for them to look at. After all, there are often times when I am with one overly chatty customer and miss opportunities with others going by. Yet, I don't want to clutter my booth with signs on everything. How do you handle this? Or do you? And how do you display your signs? I had been using those plain acrylic picture frames but at my last show because of wind I switched to pretty silver pictures frames (stolen, er borrowed, from my bedroom). I loved the look much better than the acrylic. I even displayed my price lists that way.

I have a 3-day show (my first ever!) this weekend and I want to get something figured out.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

print up some small fliers or brochures that ea and everyone can take home with some info abt the soaps and your name and ph number or email addy.

3. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Make sure your brochures include an order form, your preferred method of payment, your phone number and address.

Christy

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Brochures are way to expensive, I would do flyers, 3 to a piece of paper with the order form on the back.

And a sign from Sondra.

My next one is going to be simple...NubianSoaps.com Vicki

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Well, I made my own flyers for this weekend. It took me allllll day to get them just right. LOL But at least it's *something*. I will put this on my 'to-do' list for next year. I want to give it more thought.

I DO need a sign! If only I could decide on what I want it to say. *rolleyes* And one of those magnetic signs for the van too. :)