Sign of Pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Liberty Alpines, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Liberty Alpines

Liberty Alpines New Member

Hello! I put two of my does in with the buck on Saturday, and I think they were in heat. I watched pretty closely, but I never thought that he really bred them, although they were mounted pretty good a couple of times. This morning, I noticed a thick white substance just poking out of their vagina, both of them. I thought I remembered reading somewhere before that this was a sign that it "took". Neither one of them want to be with the buck anymore, so I didn't think it was a sign of being in heat. I remerber having this last year, and all my does were indeed bred. Anyone else have this or know anything about it?

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

No, never heard of this.

To be sure, pull blood and send to Bio Tracking. Simple, cost effective and fast. They have given me excellent results and I highly recommend them.

http://www.biotracking.com/

Sara

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I would think that if they have a creamy discharge and they have been in with the buck they are bred :) Vicki

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

The discharge is not a sign "it took". It can mean several things. 1. They were serviced by a buck. 2. It's the mucous discharge from a pooling on the vaginal floor. 3. The doe was in heat. (bred or not)

:really...I've started to AI a doe on her second heat and found a white blob of thick mucous at the cervical opening. Left over from being in heat...and I KNOW she wasn't serviced.

:biggrin Back to wondering. :lol

BUT, chances are really good since they were with a buck and they stood to be mounted. Best bet... go Sara's route.
    Ugh, I've got 14 does to pull blood on at the end of the month...JUST TO BE SURE. ;)
    Kaye

5. Hey Kaye,

I will trade ya...i just got about 80 to pull blood on!!! That does not included the ones that we are going to put the lights on for the fall freshening. A far trade?

ken

6. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!!! Do I look like I want to take on a 300 ct. milking herd. NOT EVEN! AND especially in Michigan, in the winter! :rofl

But, I know you will do them a good job....ya' know what your doing. I'd be overwhelmed just walking in the barn. ;)
    I'll just pull blood on my few and smile. :D
    Kaye

7. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Oh, so is that how you all get the does bred "off-season"? And here I thought it was because they were Nubians...(We can breed our Boers off-season, so thunk that
    it was an African origin thing.)
    So this is kind of like putting a light in the chicken house to keep egg production up during the winter?

Camille