Showing Questions

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Madeleine M., Mar 26, 2008.

1. Madeleine M.

Madeleine M. New Member

I clipped my mom's Nubian the other day for kidding, and found that her back is all scared up from when she rubbed against a nail. :rolleyes Also, her ears never grew back together, so they have a split in them. Despite all of this I think that she has wonderful confirmation. Is there any point in showing her, or should we wait for her does?
    Also, what shows in TX could I show my Nigerian buck? We can't go to the Borne show, because that's the Nubian's due date.

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Don't worry, you can still show your doe. :D Don't let those very minor cosmetic flaws deter you. They carry no weight on the judging scorecard.

I know of a lovely doe who is severely scarred from a dog attack and I always see her place very well in the NS ring.

Good luck!

Sara

3. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I agree with Sara. My Snubian, Miracle has scars which are visible when she's show clipped from the many calcium injections I had to give her to save her from milk fever two years ago. She won GCH in one ring and earned blue ribbons in most shows last summer. Kathie