Show Clip

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Grams, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:biggrin I use baby powder all over the topline, head, neck. It protects from sunburn. Especially the Saanens! ;) Makes them smell good for a few days, too.
    Kaye

2. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Sandy, I have some Double K clippers also and they are great. Finally broke down and bought the a couple of years ago, but had been looking at them for a long, long time.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

A vote for Lister Stablemates, and if you have alot of black does like me, their cover coat blades...you can shave and walk into the show ring with them. For smaller clippers for udders etc. I love my Andi's Maroon Plus clippers, faster and don't get as hot as A5's. They hold the wide Oster blocking blade also, fast job of trimming out kids. Whatever you buy or use, clean goats, sharp blades, lots of lube, oil them blades and keep them clean! Vicki

4. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

Anyone use Premier's 4000 clippers? I just ordered them and am hoping they are a good set.
    Anita

5. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

We use the Andi's Maroon Plus for everything! Work great. Don't forget to get the Kool clipper spray to cool/lubricate your blades, especially if you are clipping multiple animals.

Camille

6. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

Oh! This thread is great. I am going to my first show at the end of May and thankfully it is a "no-clip" show. We still get snow in May! But I will have to trim the udders and I am totally clueless when it comes to clipping. I had thought about using my Wal-Mart dog clippers, but you all have convinced me otherwise. I guess I will be shopping :lol

Anne

7. KozaGirl

KozaGirl New Member

Dumb question.. how do I rent the video? I have searched and searched on ADGA and cannot loacate it...
    can someone please help?
    Thanks