Shea Butter Nut?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Truly, Mar 12, 2008.

1. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Could be that the gourd wasn't fully dried so that ther are bits of it molding that got on the shea? Or moisture was locked in there?

No need to be embarassed - you weren't the one who sent the shea in a "nut" or gourd or whatever!

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

AH yep Jo is right they store it in gourds so what your seeing is probably just a rub off of the gourd. I think it is really really neat that you got it in this gourd just like it is stored there.
    http://www.ahshayh.com/facts.html

3. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Yeah, that is really cool! Thanks for share. Theresa

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And the gourd would have had veggy material in it and on it that peeled out and of course it could mold. I was so hoping that you have a whole nut, not a gourd, we could have had a bidding war, I want some for a display. Even my guy can't get me any and he is from Algeria.

So someone find us some real shea butter nuts! Vicki

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Not going to happen Vicki USA won't allow them in for processing so only exported in to Europe for use in chocolate a few into Japan.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And Sondra, when has that stopped us before :) Vicki

7. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I need to do a fair trade unrefined shea coop very soon - if I can get anyone after truly's great coop here, and Carrie's coop on the whisk that is! I will see if Agbanga can get us shea nuts. Who knows? Can't hurt to ask.