Shaving the udder

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Cotton Eyed Does, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Truly

Truly New Member

I haven't.

How did you happen to come upon this?

2. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

We always used a Bic to dry shave our horses muzzles when showing. I was wondering if folks dry shave udders or use cream. Seems like those would work the same but are a bit more $-cool lookin tho!

3. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

You actually use a BLADE to shave the udder? My does have to be HELD DOWN to use a clipper! I'd slice them for sure!

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I clip their body, clip their udders and then use shaving cream and a bic like mentioned above for shows. Thought maybe this razor might work better. I've never cut one with a bic. Had somebody shave my goats one time that put a triangle cut into the side of one of my girl's udder with some clippers though right before a show.

5. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Member

I've tried them -- they don't work all that well. If you really want to shave them, a regular razor works better. I've been real happy just using the 40# setting on my cordless Bravura clippers. I love those things.

Tracy

6. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

We only shaved with a Bic for Nationals. We shaved with a 40 the day before and then the morning of the show we used shaving cream and a girlie Bic. Lots easier when they are really well uddered.

Regular shows we just use a 40.