Shamrock minerals

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by susie, Feb 5, 2008.

1. susie

susie New Member

I just found out that the mill where I buy my feed and AP's carries Shamrock sheep and cattle minerals I believe from Oregon. 14 dollars /50 pounds.
    Does anyone know anything about these? I'd probably want to see the label from the cattle mineral it's a 12:12 mix i think, but the sheep minerals probably don't have any/enough copper.

Also they carry bicarbonate of soda... i asked for baking soda, they said .. uhh hum, no we carry Bicarbonate of soda...aren't they the same thing?? anyway 9 bucks/50 pounds-- now I can have my own baking soda in the house and won't have to run to the barn when I want to cook something :) and the girls can have their BICARBONATE of Soda

Susie

2. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

You do not need baking soda.

As for minerals find someone on the forum from your area and see what is working for them. What works for me in Ny or one of the girls in Texas may not be what you need.

That said do a search for Blue Bonnet tech master mineral print out the ingredients list . Thats what alot of the girls use. I cannot get that herand the best I have found is Sweetlix magnum milk . noy cheap but the girls seem to be doing well on it .I will be going into my first kidding season soon on the new mineral and that will help me determine how they are working also.

So print the labels from both and look at goat , cow and horse minerals available to you and compare . Do NOT look at sheep.

Also try to forget price . I pay 14.00 per 50lbs

Patty

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

HA! I pay $32 per 50 lbs (BlueBonnet)

I tried to look up Shamrock minerals and can't find them

4. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

That should have been 14.00 for 25lbs.

That should make you fell better Sondra

Patty

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:lol yep it does!!

6. goatmom

goatmom New Member

Well -I'm Not proud to say I pay about 44.00 for 50 lbs minerals -ugh -because I order it in -also give them kelp when I have it, again ordered -but we are only feeding 11 right now. When the numbers increase this Spring I need to go on my mineral hunt again!

I do use baking soda but don't put out much at a time. I've noticed when the girls have been out eating their very limited browse-just leaves right now, they really go after it.