Shampoo bars

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Thermopkt, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Thermopkt

Thermopkt New Member

Does anyone have a good recipe for shampoo bars? I've tried several different ones and they all leave my hair feeling greasier than when I went in. I know they clean different than shampoo and that you should give them a while for your hair to get adjusted, but I've tried that and still can't find anything I like! I don't like store bought shampoo. I only like to wash my hair twice a week if I can get away with it. I know that sounds gross, but (except for summer) it really doesn't get bad that fast. We have hard water with chlorine in it if that makes any difference. :help

2. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I only wash my hair twice a week so I don't think it's gross. LOL It really doesn't need it more often. Some do.

I have heard coconut bars are great for shampoo bars but I have yet to try it. Keep forgetting and I have bars on my shelf ready to try.

3. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I just use our normal bars of soap .Works great for us.

Patty

4. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

:yeahthat I have long dry fly away hair.. okay.. it doesn't fly away... it just goes the way it wants.. drives me in sane. I used to use so much conditioner.. just to get the tangles out. Took half a bottle of shampoo.
    Now I use our soap.. works great.. gets the job done and my hair is sooo much more managable... if that is at all possible with this head of hair.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

So what about dandruff. My husband says none of my soap works for his dandruff. Not coconut, not shea, nor my normal recipes. Is the chemical used in dandruff shampoos available for us to use? Vicki

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

would think it needs to be an oil cutter will do some searching for you.