Several Wormers and Microscope is not working : (

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by lovenmranch, Jul 24, 2008.

1. lovenmranch

lovenmranch New Member

Hi Guys,

I went through all the post about wormers. so I am sorry if this has been answered a bunch.

I have 5 Doe's that I have had since babies they range from 4 to 5 years old. And these are the only 5 that seem to have a "wormy" look to them out of the whole bunch.

I have used Cydectin on them for at least 5 years some times when I was out I would use a horse paste wormer. But lately they have looked really wormy to me. my Microscope needs a new bulb so I cant do fecals right now so I need to work them up blind. I dont think the cydectin is working on them any more. and the only other wormer I have is Valbazen, that I got from a friend that got out of sheep. These does are going to be used as receps in the fall. so I know for sure they are not pregnant. Can I use this wormer on them. I would hate to waste it if I can use it to help these girls. They are uptodate on selenuim and copper. and have free choice mineral and a protein block.

I live in California. and I dont know how to research wormer and its effectiveness in my area..

Any suggestions.
    Melissa

2. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Can you better discribe "wormy looking"........poor weight, poor hair, pale eye lids ??????

are all 5 the same breed ?, and I assume the same age from what you said.

Whim

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Add to what Whim said....go to goatkeeping 101 and look at the FAMCHA eye anemia chart...where do your stack up. Vicki

4. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

and ..... you could take some poop in and have it checked by vet as it's not much $ , then you would know what type of worm you are dealing with and what wormer to use.

5. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

:yeahthat

After five straight years of the same dewormer, it's very possible that you are seeing resistance.