Scale-- kd7000 question

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by susie, Mar 18, 2008.

1. susie

susie New Member

I see that a lot of you have the KD 700 scale-- I was wondering if you still like this scale and if i need to get the Ac adaptor ( since it looks like it's batteries only)-- thank you!

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I LOVE this scale! I purchased the AC adapter so I didn't have to mess with replacing batteries.

Sara

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

4. susie

susie New Member

Thank you!! That's where I'm going to buy it and I will get the adaptor :) I hate messing with batteries.

Susie

5. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I got mine here too. Excellent service and prices.

Sara

6. susie

susie New Member

I see the black is cheaper-- the silver just has a silver finish instead of a black finish-- not stainless, correct?

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I got the black. I didn't see a reason to pay more for a different color. They both work the same way. :D

Sara

8. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Would a scale like that work for milk test? I'm going to upgrade my hanging one, others in the group have scales that look like that but paid $200 + for them...What is the difference I wonder, just fancier? I'd think a soap scale should be pretty darn accurate as well.

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

depends on your calibrator and if they will accept postal scales

10. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

What's wrong with the hanging scale? I've been on standard DHIR for almost 10 years and I never saw a need to have anything other than a hanging scale that is calibrated yearly.

Sara

11. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

I think mine has been abused :biggrin It is giving me fits, I'm constantly having to re-set it. I had to send it to CA to get calibrated and maybe the postal service on the way home has something to do with it. It is pretty handy to just punch a button. But I'm NOT paying $200...$50 would be cool tho-lol!