Salt Free Minerals

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ashley, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I know this has been mentioned here before, not sure where, but I would like to get salt free minerals that I can mix my own salt into, because I get the unrefined sea salt for my animals.

I asked my feed store and they didn't have any (didn't expect they would, I'm always the one asking for odd things).

Would love to be able to order some online if shipping wasn't too crazy. For my horses I had been mixing spirulina, kelp, ACV garlic etc. into this for their minerals, but would just like to get a mineral mix so it has enough copper etc and use this for both my horses and goats.

2. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Boy, sure would like to know if Millennium Gold was regional or not.

our feed store carries a loose salt w/ 90 ppm selenium. If the copper is readily available to goats, perhaps we could make our ideal mineral. Is the Millenium expensive?

Camille

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I know a friend of mine in West Texas frieghts in the Tech Master minerals, they don't have salt, the Tech Master Complete have salt. She also uses special sea salt for her goats. Vicki

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Tech master is Bluebonnet

5. Ashley

Ashley New Member

I sent bluebonnet an email asking about it. Didn't look like Fertrell had any on their site, but if bluebonnet falls through may contact them. I was suprised to see I had a bluebonnet dealer near, just 40 minutes away in Harrison. So maybe I won't have to ship.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You won't want to ship or mix if it's just 40 minutes away! Vicki

7. Ashley

Ashley New Member

Yea, I just assumed I wouldn't be able to get anything local. I mean, I live in Yellville, Ar after all.

I haven't recieved a response yet. Maybe I should call Tractor Supply instead.

I prefer to mix. The salt I use it better than the refined salt they stick in there! It has naturally occurring minerals of it's own. It's a grey salt.