Sales Posts

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Help' started by doublebowgoats, Mar 24, 2014.

1. doublebowgoats

doublebowgoats New Member

Is there not a way to delete your own sales ad out of the for sale section?

2. DGI

DGI Administrator Staff Member

You cannot delete your own thread, or edit a post after a short time after the posting.

You can make a post that it is sold. Report it and ask a mod to close it and mark it sold. That way the mod will know which thread you are referring to.

3. doublebowgoats

There should be a way to delete your own sales ad.

4. COgoatLover25

COgoatLover25 New Member

It seems like that would be a good way to keep the forums from getting clogged :)

Home to Reg. Nubians, Reg. Nigerians and Reg. meat goats

5. DGI

DGI Administrator Staff Member

It's not an option with the software. If we allow it there we have to allow it everywhere which could be problematic.

6. Necie@Lunamojo

Necie@Lunamojo Active Member

Couldn't the OP just post on their For Sale thread asking Admin to delete it-- that it's been sold or no longer available or whatever?

7. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

And if they "report" it, it would be even easier (because then we get a notification, rather than having to scroll through all of the for sale posts every day.)

8. doublebowgoats

Ok. I am officially "reporting" that I want the ad I posted removed. I am sold out of available goats completely and still getting calls. ;)

9. hsmomof4

hsmomof4 New Member

Thanks, Michelle. (For future, if you go to the post and click that red and white triangle looking icon, it will send an email notification to the mods.)

10. doublebowgoats

Ok. Thanks! That info would have been helpful last week!