Saanen doe kids - batting 1000

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by wheytogosaanens, Feb 29, 2008.

1. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

So far our Saanen does have only given us does this year.

3 kiddings, 4 doelings. The Dinah daughter, Daisy, kidded 1/2 hour ago with twin doelings. Dinah was our doe that topped 5000 lbs. milk (barn record)
    when she was 4 and was also GCH 3 times that year (one didn't sanction, only 9 Seniors, hence, not a Permanent GCH). Her first time on test at 4 weeks fresh her butterfat was 4.5% too. So expecting some nice things from Daisy.

Anyway, Daisy has a huge gorgeous udder :biggrin. and the kiddings have all gone like clockwork.

We had 4 kids born today, and my DDs think it is hilarious that today is Feb. 29th so when they are 3 they can show in the yearling class (still won't have had their birthday, right? :lol)

thanks for letting me share.

Camille
    P.S. Hope our doe trend rubs off on you Patty!

2. Truly

Truly New Member

Wow, that's pretty lucky.

Congratulations.

3. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I have a single doeling here ..cute as poop with lots of personality. I gave a friend another doe who had twin bucklings yesterday . I got a call this a.m. they were dead. Are temps went to -20 . I never have lost a kid due to cold. I do not think she made sure they nursed well enough. I did not think I had to explain to much since she has had goats for 20 plus years :down

So hopefully the rest of the season goes well. I have a few sold so I will be looking for a new doe or doeling from great lines that I can afford :really

Waiting on pictures Camille !

Patty

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

5. Jennie

Jennie Guest

So happy for you. Is Daisy the doe with the nice udder at appraisal even as a dry doe?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for more does. Tell hubby some pictures would be great. I could use a cute baby saanen picture. ;)

6. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Congrats on all the does!

-Kim :woohoo

7. wheytogosaanens

"So hopefully the rest of the season goes well. I have a few sold so I will be looking for a new doe or doeling from great lines that I can afford

Waiting on pictures Camille ! "

Well Patty, pictures of the Senior Does are on our website (MayLoc has already scoped us out). It isn't done yet, so was waiting
    to make the "big announcement". Address is copper-penny-ranch.com

I believe that we do have excellent does and bloodlines at good prices, Patty. PM me and we'll discuss it.
    DH doesn't want to post prices unless the animal is on the "Sale" page.

If I wasn't a computer dork I would post kid pictures, but honest to goodness, I like to look at grownup girls when I am
    looking to buy something!
    Yes, Jennie, that would be Daisy. Bringing new meaning to the word "precocious udder" ! I'll let you know how she progresses
    on the milk stand.

8. wheytogosaanens

So hopefully the rest of the season goes well. I have a few sold so I will be looking for a new doe or doeling from great lines that I can afford

Waiting on pictures Camille ! "

Well Patty, pictures of the Senior Does are on our website (MayLoc has already scoped us out). It isn't done yet, so was waiting
    to make the "big announcement". :biggrin Address is copper-penny-ranch.com

I believe that we do have excellent does and bloodlines at good prices, Patty. PM me and we'll discuss it.

If I wasn't a computer dork I would post kid pictures, but honest to goodness, I like to look at grownup girls when I am
    looking to buy something! :D

Yes, Jennie, that would be Daisy. Bringing new meaning to the word "precocious udder" ! :rolleyes :D I'll let you know how she progresses
    on the milk stand.

Thanks for all of the kind wishes guys. Makes it more fun to share, y'know!

9. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

:handclap congratulations on all the does. I have Nubian's but do love the saanen's. I can't find any close to me. Have a friend in Wy that has them.

10. no fair. I want more DOES . :)
    Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally hoping Primadonna will have at least one doe this week!
    Becky

11. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Camille I like your stock and would gladly buy from you . problem being transportation costs a fortune. Now if someone was coming this way ...well then we could really talk.

Patty

12. wheytogosaanens

Thanks for your kind words, Patty. :D

If only we could get that Star Trek thingy that lets you beam things around... aaahhh the possibilities! :lol

I guess if we stumble across a good transport option we can look into it. It may have to be a "she got the goats to here, and he can get them to
    there" kind of scenario. Guess we'll wait and see.

Camille

13. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Yeah and swing past My place on the way !! I'm sure I won't get too many doelings this year lol!

14. wheytogosaanens

Now Now! Just have a little faith! Pagan has at least 2 doelings in there if not the three I predicted.
    :)

15. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

well she is in Labor right now, her and bonnie, I found out Pagan Bites in Labor she bit her mom in the butt! : ) Her little sister has wet pulled hair all over her. do Not go near the corner she's staked out. luckily all I get is licked.

16. haeema

haeema New Member

That is great! I've been blessed with 8 kids (5 doelings/3 bucklings) and ALL of the bucklings have been sold ! ! !

17. wheytogosaanens

So Patty,

What'd ya get? What'd ya get? :biggrin

18. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Nothing :laughcry

I am not rushing to buy..just checking herds out.

I have 1 doe out of everyone who does not have a date to kid . She is really big and I check her 2 x's a day for her to udder up and nothing :help2 I think she is just liking the attention. I remember telling Hubby who to breed her to but did not write it down as I was out of town. EEERRRRR.

After her I am done til April . I had bred 2 more to kid this month but they did not take and had to be rebred. I was aiming for year round milk. But after milking this winter I am not sure I will do it again without a milk room. I ask for one from SANTA ......cheap old fat guy did not come thru with it ! I also aked for a nice 20 something year old stable boy who looked hot but could not speak ...didn;t get that either :crazy So I am stuck with a 50 year old one that can speak and does . He mentions it all the time that I have to many horses :sigh

Patty