Rice Flower and Shea

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Ravens Haven, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Where is the best place to purchase Rice Flower and Shea fo? I bought my last one from Save on Scents but it did all kinds of funny stuff, I suppose it is what you call ricing, but I saved it and it turned out nice but I just wanted to know if there is somewhere else to get it.

THanks
    Autumn

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Every Rice Flower and Shea that I have soaped reacts in some way. Some rice, some become soap on a stick, some morph and all move quickly.

Sara

3. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Thanks, that is all I needed to know, b/c I REALLY LOVE this rice flower and shea but hate the ricing.

I will just stick with this one then.
    Autumn

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

SOS does have a nice RFS. I am pretty sure that's what Vicki uses and I've soaped it as well. No playdough smell when cured either. :)

Sara

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes they all rice and I love SOS RFS! It really is a fake riceing with their because it doesn't effect swirling, it's just a little disconcerting for anything to be happening to your soap when you pour scent, raises your heart rate :) now I have used others that accelarate to where to use them I had to immedatly pour, then I would pour leftover soap I had pourd before scent in a measuring cup, try to smooth out the accelerated soap in the mold then pour the raw soap over the top so you get a pretty top, then swirl just the top portion of the raw soap...I did 5 pounds of scent this way and went back to SOS! Vicki