Removing Pine Sap

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Terry, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Member

I have a Lamancha doe that I am taking to a show next weekend that has pine sap around her ear and on the side of her face. What can I use to get it off?
    Terry

2. Leo

Leo New Member

When I was little we used to use gas, but I don't recommend it. Maybe peanut butter would work? It works for gum.
    Megan

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Most of it shaves off here. Anything like a solvent (gas, finger nail polish remover etc...) works to get it off, most home remedies just end up taking forever and you are really doing nothing but using the oils in your hands and either breaking the hair or pulling out the hair.

Vicki

4. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:biggrin Fingernail polish remover....or shave the hair! And do like I did...CUT THE PINE TREES!! (course I only had enough to make a small trailer load of shavings :blush) But I hate that stuff! Since they only want to chew the sap about 3 days before a show! :mad
    Kaye

5. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Try Go-Jo . I use that stuff on everything. Gets grease out of clothes.. gum out of the carpet.
    There's a list of things it will remove.. and it's cheap!!

6. Terry

Terry Member

When I told my dh that I wanted all of these huge pine trees cut down he looked at me like I had two heads.
    She has already been shaved so that won't work.
    I guess I will try the Go-Jo since dh is a mechanic and I just happened to have some.
    Thanks everyone,
    Terry

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

bet he also has tar remover for cars too. either should work

8. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I use udder salve to loosen the pitch from the hairs and then just wash with soap and water to remove the salve. We've white pines all around the barns.

9. Terry

Terry Member

The Go-Jo took care of it.
    Thanks,
    Terry

10. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Go Go-Jo. Gald it worked Terry!!!

Works on most everything!!!

I was made a believer waaaayyyy back when.. I was fresh out of nursing school.. had my first job. Brand new whites. Had a flat on the way home from work one morning. A neighbor took me and the tire to his shop.. which was in the barn. He stepped on a grease bottle.. and it squirted grease and water straight on me. My whole outfit was ruined. He was so appoligetic.. gave me a can of Go-Jo and said that would take care of it. I was so doubtful.. this was black grease.. the axel lub kind!! Took it right out.. after a few applications.. and I am a Go-Jo girl since.
    We used to keep it in the ER.. if blood is not allowed to dry to much.. it gets blood out.
    Wonder if Heloise knows about Go-Jo??? :rofl