Remember that La Mancha that vet said I was killing with too much grain?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by farm mom, Apr 24, 2008.

1. farm mom

farm mom New Member

She just delivered two gorgeous healthy does!!! She is a FF and first one born at 1:30 AM is chocolate brown with black markings on face, legs, and black stripe down back. The second one born at 2:35 AM is solid black. They are doing great. Mom milked out a quart of colostrum and is doing terrific.

One question; I did have to go in and help assist with the first doe, mom gave 5 or 6 pushes and no progress so I went in to check position and help mom out. I have penicillin here, do I need to give her a shot in the AM? How much and IM or Sub Q?

Also, another side note but quite exciting. This was our last delivery of the year (we had three does delivering this year) and we had all does this year!!! The first doe had twins, second a single, and this final one twins. I couldn't believe not one buck!!!

I am so happy and relieved and now it is 3:30 AM and I am going to get some sleep before babies need to eat again.

2. CarlinsDarlin

CarlinsDarlin Guest

Fantastic news! Congratulations! :biggrin

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:biggrin This is one time I get to say "I told you so".

Congratulations, Whim

4. LMonty

LMonty New Member

Good job, Tiffany-glad you stuck to your guns. That vet may never understnd, lots of people have problems changing their paradigms even in the face of obvious proof. And your sucessful outcome is good validation of the feeding method- without it you might not have had this sucess.

5. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

Congratulations!!!!

Vicki Lynne in NC

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I don't give any flushes or antibiotics unless it was a train wreck inside the doe or decomposed kids. Just helping out never do anything.

7. Dawn

Dawn Guest

Congratulations!!!! What did you give your does to make them have girls?! LOL :rofl
    Congrats, they sound lovely! :biggrin

Emily

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Congrats on the doelings and the successful kidding! IMO no Penecillian is needed.

9. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

:handclap Oh wonderful!!! Pictures please. Congratulations on having ALL does! That is great. I will have three kidding next spring, hopefully. I'm hoping for at least one doeling. Maybe you can send some doeling thoughts my way. :D

10. Truly

Truly New Member

It is so exciting to have all does. But then you have to decide who to cull.

They sound beautiful. Pictures Please.

and CONGRATULATIONS :woohoo

11. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Congrats on the doe.
    My bet....by 3-4 months into her lacation, you see a big difference in the weight she is carrying. FF tend to milk-off "baby fat", then you worry because they seem thin. :lol
    Kaye

12. farm mom

farm mom New Member

Gee, Kaye I hope she doesn't milk off her "baby fat" because she doesn't have any. She is a very petitie doe and I am actually trying to up her weight a bit.

Truly, I already sold the first twin girls. They sold about four hours after I posted them on craigslist. I'm not sure the Saanen doe is going to make it but if she does she will be sold too. The two La Mancha's we are keeping. I am selling the Saanen's mom too. She is a great goat and super easy to work with but my breeding program is going a different way so she will be put up for sale this weekend.

I'll try and get some pictures up.