Registration questions

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Djust2323, May 14, 2019.

  1. Djust2323

    Djust2323 New Member

    I am clearly new at this. I have an account and everything set up with the ADGA. But when I go to register a goat from a transfer i am clearly lost. It asks if I am registering the first progeny, or additional progeny under service memos. First I have no idea what service memos mean :/
    So I am not sure which one to put
  2. Star Valley

    Star Valley New Member

    Service memo is for when you lease a goat to breed. For example I just leased a buck and needed to get a service memo in order to register the kids

  3. Goat Town

    Goat Town Member

    I'm confused. Have you purchased a registered goat from another person and simply want to put that goat under your name? If so, the seller needed to sign the required space in the transfer block; you need to complete it with your personal information and send it back to ADGA with the transfer fee. ADGA will then issue a new set of papers listing you as the current owner. If either you or the previous owner is an ADGA member, you can pay member rates.