Registration Questions

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Beverrlly, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

Hello! I have some does that are AGS registered and I am not an AGS member. I chose ADGA for registration purposes and am trying to avoid falling into the trap of belonging to every registry out there. Can I submit the AGS certificates/transfer forms to ADGA or do I have to transfer the goats to my name with AGS and then submit them to ADGA? If so, that's going to cost me a fortune with all the non-member fees!! Thanks in advance.

2. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Not really I think its $50 for each to join...and if not you can just send the AGS to AGDA and they will do it, you need to send the bill of sale to them also. That is what I did but I am a member of both.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You do not have to join AGS to transfer AGS animals that you purchase and have a signed transfer, to ADGA. You do have to pay a special fee, but it is much cheaper than paying to join AGS, transferring them into your name and then into ADGA! Call ADGA, they are really nice. Get the name of the person you are talking to and send the envelope to them with the paperwork, transfer and fees. Vicki

4. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

I'm assuming that ADGA would send her original AGS paper back to her after the transfer wouldn't they ? anyway good tip ....make copy's of them before sending them to anybody. I even keep copy's on file of goats that I no longer own anymore.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Whim it's how I keep up with paperwork for scrapie also. I copy everything before sending it out...ADGA used to be a nitemare about loosing things...think it's how they got their desks cleaned so they could leave :) The new inhouse computer has soo changed for the better! Vicki

6. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

Thanks everyone!