Registration Question

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by stoneyheightsfarm, Nov 24, 2008.

1. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

I was just looking at ADGA's registration instructions, and at the horn information in particular. Since most of my goats will have had at least 2, but as many as 4 (hopefully no more than that!) disbuddings, would it be more honest and accurate to have them changed to "Dehorned" instead of "Disbudded"?? Does this make much difference? I'm thinking about when I have LAs done, will this be something that might not set right with the appraiser? Or will it even be noticible? I'm just thinking of how Sondra said that at this point, it's not a disbudding, but a dehorning... Thanks!

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

?? Not unless you want to pay $3 to have the reg. papers changed for ea. goat ~if they are already papered.
    If not, it doesn't matter one bit. Besides, the appraiser doesn't look at the papers, anyway! They're just interested in if the tattoo you sent in matches the goat. There are LOTS of bucks that have scurs that *look* like horns, and it's never made a difference.
    Next question.??
    Kaye

3. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

Next Question?? :rofl Okay, I know I've been a pest with the questions lately! :crazy

Thanks, Kaye. :)