Registration question

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by goatkid, Feb 23, 2008.

1. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I sold three bred does to someone and signed their papers over to her. They kidded at her place. She now wishes to register three of the offspring. I know I am considered by AGDA to be the breeder of these kids and need to send the signed registration forms to her. There is a space on the form where it asks for the date of sale. Since the babies were not yet born when I sold the does, what am I supposed to put on that line of the form? Kathie

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You don't fill out the application of registration on the kids, she does. You give her a service memo with the does name and the buck you bred it to. She should change the doe into her name and then register the kids, your herd name as the breeder with her tatto's and signatures as the owner.

If you do it the way you want...you will be the owner and the breeder and she will have to transfer the kids to her name...and change the date of sale to after the kids were sold on the dams paperwork. vicki

3. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Thanks. After closely reading the registration forms, I can see how it's done. Last winter was the first time I sold bred does. I did it again in Dec. so I'll have to order some service memos. In the meantime, I should be able to get three from a friend who has a book of them on hand. Kathie

4. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

Kathie,
    Just go to the ADGA website and download the service memo from the member services section, ... then print away!
    Tim