I have a set of triplet Nubians. Two does and a wether. I purchased them from a friend. She purchased them from a local breeder (I also ended up with three Alpines from this same friend who came from the same breeder, as well as our ten year old registered American Nubian doe). The breeder is still breeding goats and registering a few. I've had them for two years + at this point. My friend did not get papers for the two does nor the Alpines (though one was registered). I have not yet contacted the breeder to see if she is willing to assist (for some monetary compensation) in getting as much genetic history identified through ADGA as possible. I don't even care if they ended up with the Purebred papers they should get. My delimma is I have a daughter out of one and my older Nubian buck. I have not registered her yet. She will be two this year and has a daughter out of Achilles I would like to know what she will be recordable as before offering for sale. If I were to record/identify/whatever ADGA calls it the coming two year old and her daughter is there any chance ADGA would be willing to go back in later if I were to get some papers on the original doe to correct the other papers? Or should I just suck it up and contact the breeder and hold off on selling this year's doeling? Even if I contact her I worry the process ill take a bit sicne these original does are pushing 6 years old.