Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
9,442 Posts
Okay next Newbie question. Momma is pregnant and looks a bit lopsided. Her right side bulges up under the ribs and her left down in the belly. She can't be very far along since Van and Choco were born Oct 29.
Has she been with another buck since the babies were born?? if not then I doubt very much that what you are seeing is her being pg. more than likely it is her rumen working. rather than being pregnant. The little ones right now are just a wee bit too young for her to even be showing signs of pg. My guess is she is starting to get a healthy rumen and fattening up from better care.
Also you can give her people calcium supplements if you have them down there. or even tums. or milk/ yougurt etc for extra calcium.

· Registered
3,681 Posts
Hmm, bake them and dry them. Grind them up...

Then you could mix them in their salt (do y'all think they would get enough this way)?

Or mix with their feed, and maybe add a little molasses to bind it to the grain.

I wonder if you just crushed them up and left them out if they wouldn't eat them. They may well crave them you just never know.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.