REALLY loose nanny berries & cydectin

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Merry Beth, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Merry Beth

Merry Beth New Member

We wormed the goats with cydectin (orally) a couple days ago. It was their 10 day dose. Yesterday and today they have really loose poo. Is that normal?

Does anybody else use this wormer? It was recommended by two reputable breeders and we just took their word for it being good. Called the vet about giving it orally and she said go for it.

:help2

2. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

Re: REALLY loose doe berries & cydectin

I'm guessing...but about 90% of us on here use Cydectin. If it's the first time you've used it, the loose stools may be caused by the worm kills.
    Kaye

3. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

We use cydectin and have used it for 2 years and it affects different goats in different ways. Most of our goats do not get scours or loose pooh, but a few of them do. Mainly our boer goats. It don't happen often or every time.

4. Merry Beth

Merry Beth New Member

Well...they ate some figs....?

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You will hear me say this alot :) I don't change my goats diet. If I had extra figs...send them to me I love figs :) anyway I would not give them to the goats, now the chickens or pigs sure. If I had a bag of extra corn given to me...I would feed it to the pigs and chickens. Goats simply do poorly with change, and unless the change was going to be long term..then make the change slowly, I dont' think it's worth the rumen stress to feed things for treats or because you have extra. But then that is just me...but yep figs would have given my girls the trots also. vicki

6. rg1950

rg1950 New Member

Figs, oh yes, the figs. :/ We have a fig tree beside our buck pen. One day last year the kids gave our bucks a bunch of figs and it gave them all scours and loose pooh. Fig will do that to goats. Now they know not to do that again.

Tara

7. Merry Beth

Merry Beth New Member

Okay, no more figs. I guess that is what the problem is, well, actually figs COMBINED with the wormer. We did have some problems when we wormed before with flat and sticky berries but this is worse, but not diarrhea or scours.

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Also beware of the "new to the forum, making lots of changes to quickly, diarrhea" :) Don't let us bombard you with too much too quickly. vicki