re: COPPER last year/this year doelings PICS

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Feral Nature, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

2006 doelings NO COPPER BOLUS taken in January 2007....I was freaking out last year because my doelings went knock-kneed.

[​IMG]

This pic taken today, January 2008, same diet as last year, same family lines, BUT these doelings were copper bolused 2 months ago prior to being bred.

[​IMG]

BTW...the 2 brown ones belong to "Franny the Housegoat"...what a long strange trip it's been.

2. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Amazing ! They look great.

Patty

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Good job Diane

4. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Awww... they're so pretty Diane. I love those LaMancha ears.

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Even their hooves are stronger. Glad this worked so well for you. Vicki

6. CGFarm

CGFarm New Member

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! We had WAY less hoof problems after we started coppering.

7. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Yes, harder hooves. They had been as soft and pliable as rubber, the hoof as well as the whole foot. Now the whole joint is stronger.

Oh, I said I copper bolused them but did not change their diet...well, I forgot that they are on different loose minerals than last year. Last year they were on ADM minerals and this year Cargill Right Now Emerald. In both pictures, last year and this year, the doelings are being fed alfalfa pellets, beet pulp, coastal hay and yaupon browse.

8. Josie

Josie New Member

Thats just amazing! My dad (has a degree in soil science) didn't believe me when I told him about you gals copper woes, was cool to be able to show him the proof!

The girls look great! I love the ears (or lack thereof). Is the Togg coloured one pure lamancha?

9. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Yes, the Togg-colored one is pure LaMancha...one of Franny and Kelton's daughters.

Oh, and tell your dad that at Texas A&M, my Agronomy professor was "outstanding in his field" :rofl

10. UnRuli Acres

UnRuli Acres New Member

I had very good luck with the Right Now minerals. If you have access to them you might want to think about the Right Now Onyx......it appears to have the minerals in a more "useable" form. I saw a difference between the two minerals when I was feeding them, but not nearly as much of a difference as when I started using the Right Now minerals after using other goat minerals.

11. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

That is amazing! thank you for posting pictures....as they say, a picture paints a thousand words!

Camille