RAW MILK PRODUCERS IN MO

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Alpine Haven Farm, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Alpine Haven Farm

Alpine Haven Farm New Member

TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING THE FEB. 12 MEETING AT THE CAPITOL - HERE IS SOME ADDITIONAL INFO:

Jennifer Charlson and I would like to meet with other Raw Milk Producers across the state to brainstorm and collect contact information for future networking. We are planning to hold a Raw Milk Producers Meeting from 10:00am – 10:30am on February 12, 2008. That is the same day as the Missouri State Chiropractors Association Legislative Day at the State Capitol and would provide an excellent opportunity for us to all meet in a central location. We will plan to meet in a Third Floor Alcove of the State Capitol Building. There are several of these alcoves on the Third Floor, but a sign will be posted to help direct you to the correct one. If all of the alcoves are unavailable at this time, we will have a sign posted directing you to an alternate location.

Some possible topics of discussion could include:

Gather contact information for as many Raw Milk Producer in the state that we can, so that we can form an information network. There is strength in numbers, but how producers are there? J

Gather information on different Representative’s positions on HB 1901 and discuss options on how to educate Representatives that have not yet displayed support for HB 1901.

Discuss solutions to the apparent lack of an independent milk testing lab in the state of Missouri. Several of us would like to have this option, but have been unable to locate an independent facility.

If you have a topic you would like to discuss, bring it along that day.

We know that we could discuss these items via email, but it would be nice to have faces to put with names in our network. I am sure that there are many producers out there that I personally have not heard about or even met. I would like this to not be so.

If any of you would like more information or cannot attend, but would like to be included in this network, please contact Sarah at burnettsheritagefarms@yahoo.com or 816-752-0340. We look forward to meeting you all!

Cordially,
    Jennifer Charlson
    & Sarah Burnett