QuickBayt revisited

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Sondra, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

They have a powder that you mix with water spray it on trees or outside your barn WOW this is WONDERFUL and I don't have flies in my milk room at all and don't have to sweep them up or use feed sacks and the granules. Just don't believe how GREAT this is little pricey but well worth it. I have sprayed just a few squirts on the outside of the barn and it works wonders. Flies aren't even bothering the goats.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Are you insinuating there is something wrong with having a feed sack in your milkroom, red like blood, and filled with dead and spinning flies???? :)

I haven't seen the liquid yet!!! Vicki

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

4. NubianSoaps.com

It is pretty disgusting isn't it :) vicki

5. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

""""Are you insinuating there is something wrong with having a feed sack in your milkroom, red like blood, and filled with dead and spinning flies? V.""""

:yes

;) Whim

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I loved watching those devils spin and die, better than most anything on TV these days but hey, I can live with them dying outside now. :)

7. Belle

Belle New Member

I've been using the Quick Bayt Disposable srips this year and they have worked very well although we shouldn't spend quite as much time as we do wathcing the flies spin. I do like the idea of a spray better though.

8. Sharpgoat

Sharpgoat New Member

I read some were that you can take the granules and add water to them and paint it where you wont to.
    What I was planing to do was to dip string in it and hang it up were no one can get to it but the flies.
    It has been so dry here this year so far that flies have not been a problem but if it rains come watch out they well be here.
    Fran

9. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Now that's a great idea! :D

10. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Vicki shared with me years ago now something that Roger Shrum did at his place. Tie Golden Malrin in the foot of a used panty hose and hang it in the barn. Every day give it a squirt or two with a spray bottle of water. It would drip a little on the floor and flies on the ground would die and they would also get on the hanging hose and take a sip there and die. However, GM seemed to quit working for me and I switched to QuickBayt. You probably would be able to do QuickBayt the same way we did with the GM.
    ... or mix it with water and paint it like someone suggested.

11. Rose

Rose New Member

I have mixed the QuickBayt granules with water and "painted" it on wall joists in the barn. Then, you can sit with the goats and watch the flies die.

What entertainment! :biggrin

12. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl It takes so little to entertain goat breeders.

I've got a frisby on my back porch with the granules in it. Visitors are just amazed at how fast the flies die. (HEY, it makes for conversation-though gross) When the mixture in the frisby gets mushy ~humidity~ I just add a cup of water-strain the disgusting mess through a piece of screen into a spray bottle and add water. I then spray my rafters. Ummmm...ok, I'm cheap and use it twice! :blush

I just LOVE sweeping dead flies out of my milk room!
    Kaye

13. NubianSoaps.com

Kaye, leaf blower, I tell you if you get one you will wonder what you did before! Vicki

14. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl I'm still working on that leaf blower!
    Kaye

15. old dominion

old dominion New Member

Has anyone tried any other of the new products that kill flies? I am going to Southern States to purchase something for flies this weekend.

Jolene