question about threads being deleted.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Corky, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Corky

Corky New Member

I have gotten a few notices that a thread I have either started or have been replying to has been deleted.

They are harmless threads so I was wondering why this is happening.

I have an idea that for some reason you are deleting threads that haven't had any replies for a while. Kind of like in our personal e-mails. Is this the reason? No archives alowed or something?

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Non really important threads are being deleted as we go along to keep the band width down. Vicki pays more money the higher the space taken. Even Smileys take up space. Thanks for understanding.

3. Corky

Corky New Member

Thats just fine. I was just wanting to be sure we were not doing anything wrong to make you all unhappy with us. :biggrin

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Corky you are taking up too much space!!! No honestly I don't do much housekeeping on here....ok, I really don't do anything on here :) But we are conserving bandwith by keeping OT and 4Sale current and pared down, and once something on this forum goes dead, unless it contans lots of info, we delete it. Trying to keeping everything really important moved to goatkeeping 101 and fixing typo's in subject headings so the search works well. Vicki

5. I've been going through mine and copy important info then delete my own threads. Leaves Vicki more time to answer threads :rofl

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

That's what I thought. Does that get rid of my numbers of posts?

7. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

I too have had some of mine dumped ,I will start watching it with my useless words and smileys. :sigh

8. Corky

Corky New Member

I will try this again.
    VICKI!!!!! Just because I have put back on a couple of pounds you don't have to tell everybody! Shush! :sigh

9. NubianSoaps.com

:) Love you Corky, and yep I am dieting, I put on 20pounds from a stressful period a couple months ago. I have about 30 totake off to fit back into my show jeans, and you have no idea how hard it is to find show jeans when you have long legs, and don't want Wranglers!

Linda, love your posts! Don't change anything. This isn't aimed at anyone, it's only aimed at my pocket book, and the mods and administrators on here to an excellent job! Vicki

10. Corky

Corky New Member

Yes they do! Vicki understands my dry humor. I hope the rest of you do understand I am not complaining. Just funnin. :biggrin

11. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

I was pleased to see my wether was still up. I had forgotten to print it off (love that feature by the way!!!). So I quickly printed both threads off yesterday!

Where can we send funds to support the site?

12. NubianSoaps.com

No place. We hope to have a paid for business card ad or two at the top of the forum after the first of the year. So you can support the forum by buying ad space. When I get the bill for the new and improved site then I may come with hat in hand :) Vicki

13. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati New Member

That is why my number of posts had shrunk!! LOL- I wondered why my number had sunk below 'for sale' numbers again...

14. NubianSoaps.com

Sorry we didn't know it was going to shrink post numbers...back to the drawing board :) Vicki

15. KUrby

KUrby New Member

I was wondering the same thing, just thought maybe something got out of hand ;)
    K

16. Bella Star

Bella Star New Member

Thanks Vicki, Your soooo sweet to us ALL here !! :D

17. Sondra

Sondra New Member

You all know who you are and if your new or not. If you need to adv on the for sale and don't have enough posts contact one of the mods. We are only trying to keep the lurkers etc from just coming on and posting in the FS and never anything else.