Question about needed products.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by laughter777, Dec 26, 2008.

1. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I looked, but hopefully this hasn't been asked before!

I have been priceshopping TSC, Jeffers, PBS Animal Health, and Valley Vet.
    TSC - nothing
    Jeffers - Lambar and Deccox M (is that the correct one???)
    PBS - nothing
    Valley Vet - Free ship on ivomex plus, valbazen, and BO-SE (all are a few cents higher than the other, but the free shipping might be a plus!)

I am looking at my needed for does and kids list which is:
    Valbazen
    Ivomec Plus
    BO-SE
    CD/T
    Lysigin
    Vit E (at Wal-Mart)
    Betadine (I have a povodine surgical scrub, will this work or should I get Betadine Surgical Scrub??)
    Probios (bought some, realized it says its an Equine paste...will this work or is there a goat specific)
    Lambar - Jeffers
    Corrid, Deccox M, or What???

Ok so since I have totally confused myself and anyone reading this.....
    Which Cocci med??? The Valbezan is Valbazen Drench ( http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?PGGUID=30e07949-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5 ) is that it??

I think that is all.........

Thanks,
    Sarah

2. Great thread. I'm going to be getting everything ordered in Jan. :D
    Looking at a couple of the wormers I think I'll just purchased what I need from the vet. 500ml is alot of wormer!

3. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Another question....Valley Vet has free ship on Dimethox 40% for 20.95, but doesn't carry Deccox M....any suggestions??

Sarah

4. trnubian

trnubian New Member

I prefer jeffers but have been having trouble getting orders through lately so I have gone with PBS since it is fast. At Jeffer any order over I think $40 is free shipping (except for heavy items like gallon jugs.) I think PB is free shipping on anything over $75 except for heavy stuff.

I get the valbazen sheep drench yes.
    I use Sulmet 12.5% Solution for cocci prevention. You can get it in the pint containers which require no extra shipping. Just have to figure up how much you will need.

Jeffers carries all the stuff you will need. Valbazen, Ivomec plus, (Bo-Se is prescription so if you don't have one from your vet you can't order it anyway so it might be easier for you to pick it up at your vet.), the providine will work instead of betadine, your equine probios will work as well but I would go ahead and order Probios one oragel and use that after you have used the equine gel.

I would also suggest you get a couple bottles MFO solution if you don't have CMPK gel or injectable (it works just as well and is basicly the same stuff except is has dextrose in it whereas the CMPK has propolyne glycol.) and ordering your needles and syringes online is TONS cheaper than buying them at the farm stores.

PBS has everything also except the lamb bar. (Lambars are easy to make and MUCH cheaper to make than they are to buy but it's easier to buy them if you haven't really ever seen one.)

I hope this helps! Sorry if I've confused you!

5. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Thank you for all the info!!

6. Theresa

Theresa New Member

I have to agree with Amanda. Most of my stuff I get from Jeffers. It is so easy to meet the minimum needed for free shipping and they carry everything. The lambar is really easy to make. I think there are directions on how to make one on the forum. You can order the nipples from Jeffers then take them to any hardware store and fit the tubing to them. The only other thing you need is a bucket and the drill bit to make the holes. Oh, and something to hold the lambar. Once you see one you will understand how easy they are to make and how much cheaper then buying one.
    Theresa

7. Thankyou! I almost forgot to add the Lambar nipples to my list!!

8. wheytogosaanens

wheytogosaanens New Member

Was this in their catalog or online?

We like the Di-Methox 40%, especially for the Boer kids. Works just fine for the Saanens too - but up here in the frozen north we don't seem to have the same cocci issues the southern folks have. I just like that we give it for 3 days in a row, in conjunction with CDT shots and worming (3 days of the Di-Methox, with the first day getting the wormer, the second day getting the CDT and the third day a shot of fortified B-complex ).

Camille

9. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

It was on there website.

10. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I am a fan of PBS .......they are much better in the shipping/customer service department...but no one place has everything I order so I end getting things here and there.

Bo-Se is prescription so you will have to get a vet to send in a script for you. The vets here are not a big fan of sending out scripts, plus it's a lot of hassle for a few dollars saved so I tend to just pick it up at the office.

11. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I get my goat needs from different places. For me, it's cheaper to take a day and drive to Great Falls with another goat person to stock up on most of it. We go to Westfeeds to get lactation and goat developer pellets as well as bulk soda. Then, between Western Ranch and Walco, we get nipples, wormers, liquid CMPK, Probios, OTC antibiotics, etc. Western Ranch has a website you folks from Texas can order from.
    I get my cocci meds and Norcalciphos from my vet. The one thing Jeffers has that I can't seem to find elsewhere is Lysigin. I like the pop bottle nipples I get from Hoeggers and they also have lactated ringers. Speaking of goat supplies, it's time for me to order more nipples and also to have hubby make me a new lambar. My first kids are due in two months. Kathie

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sarah
    down here in TX you need either Decox-m (powder for bottles) works good for me so far then DeMethox 40% or corid and use proper dose for proper lenght of time. (all in Goat 101) you also need valbazen/cydectin and Ivormec Plus on hand. I get all mine from a Vet supply here in Weatherford or TSC or a feed store. Caprine nipples are a must I do believe. and can't remember where I ordered those.