Question about a Fragrance oil?

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sheryl, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Okay all you Lillian shoppers :) I was lucky enough to get some of her Honey L'Occitane Type FO and I know absolutely nothing about it... do any of ya'll know what it smells like or how it reacts or what not????

2. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

No seizing, no ricing, smells great in CP
    discolors to a honey colored tan that is nice.. Wonderful in lotions and creams, but is strong and you only need drops..
    To me it smells just like HONEY, I love the stuff.

3. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

great! glad I got it.

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

:biggrin I got some too cause Vicki and everyone here were raving abt it. Haven't used it yet tho. Am so broke from Lil's sales I need to soap and sell some :crazy

5. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

I haven't smelled that one. I bet it is nice. I used to get all of BBW Honeyed Almond bath gels and lotions and stuff and then they discontinued it. Bet you could make something similar with that with this honey scent.

I got some of her Cleopatra's Treasure and was a bit disappointed in the way it smelled when I got it. I haven't soaped it yet, but maybe that is what I will use to try my new mold I got. Have any of you tried it? Does it smell ok in soap?

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I am using the honey half and half with my OMH in both lotions and soap, and now my OMH is my almond biscotti. I wish I would have found this ages ago! Thanks Karen!!!!!

But yep, less is more! It will hot gell your soap very quickly with GM! Strong scent that sticks, folks love it and you don't have to use much...can't ask for better than that! Vicki

7. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

I got the Cleopatra also. I was WAY disappointed. From the rave reviews, I would have thought it was 'devine'.
    I kept thinking after I smelled it.. and I have taken a whiff every day or so to see if I could aquire a smell for it.. what my grand daddy used to say.
    If everybody saw through the same eyes, they'd a wanted Josephine. (Josephine was his wife.. ugly as sin.

I'll soap mine.. maybe the fragrance will change some.

What does it remind you of?? I KNOW I have smelled this before.. long long ago.
    Smells like an old movie theater.. where the popcorn has burned.. along with a bunch of other fragrances. Patch being a main one.

Rett

8. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Smells like Ginger Lime with something added, I like it... kind of mysterious
    Barbara

9. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

HA... what a description! :biggrin I can't place it. I keep going to the cabinet and pulling it out and smelling it and there is something there that I remember in my "scent memory" somewhere, but not quite able to put my finger on it. I have got to get some more Lard before I can soap again. Been sick and haven't been out much, but maybe I can get to it before the weekend.

10. How much honey per pound is using just teh honey, 0.7?
    Thanks,
    Becky

11. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Anyone tried casablanca? I got a sample and want to soap it. I have a feeling it will discolor for sure.

I to am wondering about how much ppo for the honey. I want to soap it tomorrow.

Bethany

12. NubianSoaps.com

5.3 for a batch on it's own, in the 7 pound MM mold batch was too much. Now I am just mixing it, so sorry no help here. Vicki

13. KUrby

KUrby New Member

My first thought on the Cleopatra was the 7 up popsicles we use to get as a kid off the truck. It's definalty got the lime thing working. I kinda like. I like it WAY better than the Honey one from Lillian.
    Karen

14. NubianSoaps.com

Karen, as you become a seasoned soaper you will develope a better nose for scent, and a better......................:) :rofl :rofl :rofl How can you still not love that Honey!!!!?? :) Vicki

15. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

No doubt! I can drink that honey, I swear it - - just delicious. It is too much though if you use a lot (meaning what you regularly use for for other fragrances).

Bethany

16. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I got the Honey, too, and at first, I'll be honest it was nasty to me, yuck...kinda of honey, kinda of floral, smelled like a bee hive during a flower orgy, yuck..but when I soaped it, I used a small amount and as it has cured it does smell really well, many people have already fell in love with it and it is not even cured yet. All of the scents I got from Lillian are too die for...

Thanks,
    Autumn

17. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Hey Autumn,
    What amount PPO did you use the honey?
    Bethany

18. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I used .5 PPO but I only made a 2 lb. log so I think I used a little less than 1 oz. it smells devine now.

19. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Has anyone mixed the Honey L'octaine and the Cleopatra from Lillian

20. redskygal

redskygal New Member

My box from Lillian just arrived, I also got the Cleopatra. I think it kinda smells like a breakfast cereal, it will be interesting to see what it is like in soap. I can't wait to get my box with the Honey in it.

Kelly