Pulling my hair out

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Oregonian Chick, Dec 7, 2007.

  1. Oregonian Chick

    Oregonian Chick New Member

    91
    0
    0
    My problem child has been found :mad. This will be my 5TH try getting my stinkin nubian bred (all my LAMANCHA girls are heavy with babys...but not that danged nubian). I am about to just stick her with all the bucks and sell the kids for meat I am so danged frustrated! (Three of those heats where to a nigerian buck who just wasn't tall enough). She is being bred to my standard LM buck right now...this will be his second try getting her settled although I didn't think he got her the first time around. I wasn't sure I saw her in heat 21 days later so I though oh good she IS bred...but nooooo instead of the two does who are visiting to be bred it has to be her that goes into heat :sigh.

    So now I am spread out until may....I am done with the bulk by Feb. 18th and then I have one April 14th and now one May 6th :help. I am sorry gals/guys I just had to rant and rave a second on my frustrations with getting this one doe (this isn't even the breeding I wanted! I wanted mini nubians out of her not Numanchas).


    Justine
     
  2. Truly

    Truly New Member

    344
    0
    0
    you have my sympathy and empathy :sniffle
     

  3. I know your frustration. I have yet to get my 2 purebred show nubians bred....and what stinks is they will be bred to a freakin unreg. pygmy buck cuz storm won't breed them. SIGHS.
     
  4. Oregonian Chick

    Oregonian Chick New Member

    91
    0
    0
    Yay! I am not the only one :woohoo. I just figure....with her kidding out so late at LEAST she is kidding out. Much better than if she where to stay dry.

    Justine
     
  5. wheytogosaanens

    wheytogosaanens New Member

    1,289
    0
    0
    I feel your pain! All of the girls bred in apple pie order...except the dry yearlings! (this is our first time to carry dry yearlings...not too impressed!)
    The plan was to bred them really really early so I would have fresh milk supply in
    January/early Feb. Two came back into heat and bred to kid at the end of Feb.,
    and the two pen bred ones were both open when we pulled them and tested 30 days later.
    One is finally bred, (due to kid in April, and she should be the hot show prospect, sure to miss most of the Spring shows) but the other just got rebred Thurs. and Friday. So May kids again!
    But no way am I having a fat fat 2 year old. If she doesn't get bred soon, I will stick in with the Boer buck!!!
     
  6. GallopingGoats

    GallopingGoats New Member

    86
    0
    0
    :DFunny, All of my Nubian's are bred. My 1 stinkin LaMancha has been so difficult. She lost her kid last year from being rammed by the long ears. Put her in with the buck back in August( :/Nubian cause I can't afford to make another 4 trips to the breeder for lost kids plus the fee)and dang it I want her in milk. She shows no sign of being preggers. So I think she may have come into heat again but not sure so she is back in with my buck. I keep thinking stupid LaMancha, why can't you be easy like the Nubian's! I am trying to cut out any unnecessary costs so haven't pulled blood for preg test. The waiting and wondering is killing me. Shannon
     
  7. I also confer with you. Harlequin has been out to the breeders twice. I'm hoping this time did it. But her schedule was thrown off by two years so we'll see in about 10 more days. Praying to the goat fertility gods right now. Lindsey so wants a doeling from her. I told Lindsey to want bucklings. Harlequin usually does the oppisite of what we would like her to do LOL.